In this podcast episode, Writing Launch founders Jacob and Ian talk about content mills and freelancing platforms.
If you’re currently working for a content mill (like Textbroker or Zerys) or offering your services on a freelancing platform (like Upwork or Fiverr), you owe it to yourself to listen to this podcast.
While mills and platforms seem like a good option, in reality they’re not all that great. You’ve probably experienced this firsthand.
The good news is that you don’t have to be stuck on a mill or platform for years. Jacob and Ian discuss experiences with getting better writing jobs so you can improve your freelance writing career.
Here are just a few of the things you’ll learn:
- Ian’s experience with a freelancing platform
- Why content mills and freelancing platforms undermine freelancers
- An overview of what content mills and freelancing platforms are
- Why too much competition is bad
- How to break away from mills and platforms